We created this book for educators who want to do research with learners –typically
classroom teachers working with their students in Earth Systems or Environmental Science, Geography, or History. The book would also be useful to those running outdoor education or field research programs for students of all ages; however, as the title suggests, we do focus on tech-enabled methods, tools, and analysis. Most of the content assumes that the research will be conducted outside or “in the field”. We believe it will provide powerful justification to include these projects in your classes. we believe this volume would make a great addition to any reference library on field research techniques.
Chapters in edition two include:
- What are field studies and why use them?
- Designing a field study
- Data, Data, Data
- Field Instruments
- ArcGIS Online and Field Studies
- Geotagging Images for Field Studies
- Survey123 Web
- Creating an Editable Feature Service in ArcGIS Online
- Editable Feature Services and ArcGIS Desktop
- Mapping and Data Analysis in ArcGIS for Desktop