Links and downloads will be available here by February 25.
Feb 24, 2020 10:00 AM, Cedar Cove:
Getting started with map-based data
PDF version of the presentation
Feb 24, 2020 12:30 PM, Cedar Cove:
Visualizing and Analyzing your Data on a Map
I’m delighted to share a chapter with Curtis and Millsaps in this new book from Shin and Bednarz!
Spatial Citizenship Education: Citizenship through Geography (Shin and Bednarz, 2019) is the inaugural book exploring the contribution of geographic education (and geographic technologies and spatial thinking) to the development of the citizen. It describes citizenship development through a rich understanding of spatial and geographic narratives. The book includes a history of geographic education as well as theoretical and conceptual elements of the work of geography education. Geography teachers, teacher educators, and GIS education researchers should consider this volume as a critical contribution to their well-rounded library.
- Conceptualizing spatial citizenship
- Geography as a social study
- Geography, capabilities, and the educated person
- The spatial production and navigation of vulnerable citizens
- Citizenship education in a spatially enabled world
- Rediscovering the local
- Cultivating student citizens
- Geotechnologies and the spatial citizen
- Informed citizenry starts in the preschool and elementary grades – and with geography
- Spatial citizenship in the secondary geography curriculum
- Spatial citizenship in the geography/social studies teacher education
Amazon link to the book.